- Marketplace Listings: To buy or make an offer you to just sign up to flip.uk and verify your email address.
- Auctions: To place a bid in an auction you must have a verified account. This means you need to enter in your full address and verify via SMS.
- Marketplace offers are binding for 7 days or until your offer is declined or a counter offer is made. If accepted, you are obligated to complete the transaction. If this offer is not accepted within 7 days it will automatically be withdrawn.
- You are expected to make payment ASAP but you must not take longer than 7 days from the sale date.
- You choose which payment method to use out of the payment methods offered by the seller.
- You can request a TAG change instead of going through the Nominet transfer process.
- You must make payment before the domain is transferred. If you are uncomfortable doing this ask the seller to initiate a Transpact (Escrow) transaction.
- To sell on flip you must be verified. This means you need to enter in your full address and verify via SMS.
- All sellers can list auctions or marketplace listings
- You must be the legal registrant of any domain names that you list on the flip platform.
- Sellers must offer Transpact (Escrow) as a payment method as standard, You can also choose to offer Bank Transfer and Paypal.
- If you already have a transpact account make sure your flip.uk account uses the same email address. This is because when a Transpact is created it uses your flip.uk email address.
- Transpact charge £5.98 to use the service. This fee is added to the buyers total. You as a seller get the full amount of the sale price without any deductions.
- Using Transpact for the first time requires you to do a one time bank payment of £0.01 and maybe further identity checks. After this has been done the whole process is seem-less through the flip.uk dashboard.
- All prices on flip are inc VAT. We automatically show the VAT amount on the invoice deducted from the final price if you have specified that you are VAT registered within your dashboard. The price shown on a listing or final price of an auction is always the total sale price of an item inc VAT.
- Auction listings can be deleted if in the scheduled state. This can be done from your dashboard. Once an auction has started it cannot be deleted or edited for whatever reason.
- You are in charge of your own portfolio and you must keep it updated and correct. For example, when a domain name is sold make sure to remove it from your inventory. Or if your listing contains a spelling mistake.
- Transfer of registrant can be via the Nominet transfer process or a TAG change. If a TAG change is requested by the buyer then this must be respected by the seller.
- Sellers must update the transactions "Payment" & "Transfer" statuses at each stage. This will keep the buyer updated with any changes.
- Only transfer the domain once you have received the amount in full.
- Auctions can start and finish between 3PM & 10PM each day. When creating an auction you can choose the start time and you will be able to choose a start day (not including the current day). your auction will then be place in a scheduled state. Auctions are manually accepted onto the flip platform. You Auction will either be set to start in the Standard auction section or the Showcase section depending on quality. If an auction in the Standard section receives a bid then it will be moved automatically into the Showcase section.
- We do not accept trademarked domains, non obvious typos, misspellings, brand infringement domains nor domains of questionable moral integrity.
- We do not accept trademarked domains, brand infringement domains nor domains of questionable moral integrity.
Who Pays what?
- The buyer is responsible for the Nominet transfer of ownership fee (£12 inc VAT) or free for a TAG change.
- The buyer is responsible for the transpact fee (£5.98 inc VAT)
- Sellers & Buyers pay zero commission to flip.
You can buy and sell on the flip platform if you reside in any EU country or Australia, Brazil, Canada, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Singapore, Switzerland, The United States or The United Kingdom.
If a total site outage occurs while an auction is in it's closing stages and bids cannot be processed then the conclusion of the auction will be resumed with an additional 1 day added. The auction will resume with the highest bidders last bid as the starting price.
All disputes are between the buyer and the seller. flip.uk will only interact if obvious rules have been broken. We promote and enforce common sense at all times.
For back ordering UK domain names, flip recommends UKBackorder